Our skin is the first line of defence against all the harmful things in the environment. We may not realise but our skin gets damaged by pollutants every time we step out. Short term effects of pollution are dry patches, blemishes, redness and sensitivity while long-term effects are premature ageing and even skin cancer.
Delhi’s particulate matter has been in the news recently for being the highest in the world by a fair margin and exceeding the WHO air quality guidelines by almost 20 times! The need to protect our skin from harmful pollutants is more important now than ever.
Here are a few tips to maintain a healthy skin and combat pollution.
1. Cleansing: Wash your face twice a day, with a clarifying face wash that suits your skin. Always make sure to remove makeup before sleeping.
Rustic Art Rose Face Wash for Dry Skin
Roots And Herbs Detoxifying Lemongrass Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin
Aryanveda Pollutend Face Wash for normal to combination skin
2. Vitamin A, C, and E: Skin care products having these vitamins helps your skin to fight pollutants and repair itself. Also, include them in your diet.
It’s important you get rid of all the dirt, grime and film of pollutants. Wash your face at least twice a day with a mild exfoliating face wash. Follow it up with a toner to maintain the pH balance of your skin.
3. Antioxidants: Maintain a healthy diet rich in antioxidants. Green leafy vegetables, berries, beans and green tea are a rich source of antioxidants. They help you to fight the free radicals in the environment which can degrade the collagen and also play a powerful role in the ability of the skin to repair itself.
4. Sunscreen: We are prone to harmful UV rays which can accelerate the ageing process. A regular use of sunscreen with optimum pH according to the weather is a must in a healthy skin care regime.
5. Moisturise: To fight the damage use a moisturiser according to your skin type. Go for a water based moisturiser if you have oily skin and look for a cream based moisturiser if you have dry skin.
Ethicare Hylugel Plus for Oily Skin
Fuschia Balancing Intense Moisturizer – Orange & Avocado for combination skin
6. Pamper your skin: Every once in a week show some love to your skin and give it a special treatment. Exfoliate the skin with a scrub and follow it up with a rich mask. You can also use a massage cream after the scrub and give yourself a facial at home.
Fuschia Hydrating Face Gel – Lavender & Calendula for dry skin
Fuschia Detox Face Mask – Activated Charcoal for oily skin
Bio Bloom Sugar, Primrose, Nutmeg Face Scrub for all skin types
7. Go for natural products: Your skin is combating so many harmful chemicals already, treat it with some natural ingredients for a more radiant complexion.
We hope these tips help you to maintain a glowing and healthy complexion and fight pollution.
You can shop for the mentioned products at globox.in