Are you tired hiding your beautiful eyes under Glares because of those dark circles??
Dark circles make you look exhausted, unhealthy and older. There could be many reasons behind the formation of dark circles like heredity, ageing, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. People from any age group can face the problem of dark circles. Read on to know how you can get rid of those dark circles.
You must take care of the following points to avoid formation of dark circles :
- Take 7-8 hours of sleep every day.
- Regular intake of carrot and pineapple juice reduces dark circles.
- Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
Try these home remedies to get rid of the dark circles fast:
1. Almond oil: Apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin. Leave it on overnight. The next morning, wash it off with cold water. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
2. Tomato: Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
3. Lemon Juice: The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles.
Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
4. Rose Water: Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. It has mild astringent properties too.
5. Cucumber: Cucumbers have skin-lightening that helps fix those racoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices in the eyes for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
6. Raw Potato: There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
7. Coconut oil: Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut oil on the under eye area. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off. Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Turmeric: Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimise dark circles. It will also make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
Mix two teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to the affected area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth. Do this daily until you get positive results.
To maintain healthy under eye skin and prevent dark circles and wrinkles regularly use an under eye cream like Tvam Olive Under Eye Cream Buy yours here
I hope this article will help you to get rid of the unwanted dark shadows. And you can flaunt your beautiful eyes.